External Article Contribution – Guidelines
Omna Tigray will accept external writing contributions from non-Omna Tigray members to better understand the situation in Tigray during the war.
Omna Tigray accepts the following types of articles from external contributors
- News articles (Tigray related)
- Essays (investigative writing on different issues related to Tigray)
- Opinion pieces – Op-Ed or Commentary
- Stories of war victims (experiences of those in Tigray and/or individuals that recently left the region)
Omna Tigray will accept and review external writing contributions that address the following
- The different facets of the crisis during the war on Tigray;
- Humanitarian crisis during the war on Tigray;
- Tigrayan experiences during the war on Tigray;
- An analysis on Ethiopian or Tigrayan politics; and
- An analysis on Ethiopian or Tigrayan social or political ideologies.
When submitting articles to Omna Tigray, the writer should consider the following
- The writing should be apolitical, fair, and balanced. It should not intend to offend any group of people or non-public figure individuals.
- The writing should intend to educate the public about the atrocities being committed in Tigray, Tigray’s history, and/or Tigray’s future.
- The writing should be shorter than 800 words. Omna Tigray will make an exception for investigative pieces.
- The writer must agree to reasonable edits. The writer will be allowed to review the final version before it is posted on Omna Tigray’s website.
- The writer can choose to stay anonymous.
- If you have articles you would like to contribute to Omna Tigray, please send your draft to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please specify the category your article falls under and whether you want to stay anonymous.